Queensland’s high UV index accelerates skin aging on the chest & neck. This leads to mottled pigmentation, redness, wrinkles & laxity. Dermatologists use pigment lasers, BBL & topical antioxidants to reverse aging & restore skin quality.
- Neck wrinkles are best treated with fractional lasers
- Vascular lasers & broad band light are used to treat redness
- Pico lasers are used to treat pigmentation
- Collagen stimulating dermal fillers are used to treat wrinkles & skin laxity
- Antioxidant skincare preserves & protects the skin from future UV damage
Neck Rejuvenation at a glance
Our results speak for themselves
- Red & brown pigment responds to BBL Forever Young.
- Resistant brown pigment responds better to Picoway & Picosure Pro lasers.
- Resistant red pigment can be treated with V Beam Prima, Perfecta or DermaV lasers.
Most patients will require 2-3 sessions. The hardest pattern to treat is widespread redness, this pattern may require 4-6 sessions to treat.
Learn more (link to the vascular lasers in the laser section)
Fractional Fraxel & CO2 lasers treat wrinkles & laxity.
If you have heavy pigmentation, we combine BBL & Fraxel lasers on the same day.
If you have very little sun damage & more wrinkles & laxity, we prefer HIFU or Ultherapy/Ultraformer.
With numbing gel, treatments are well tolerated. After treatment you may experience mild burning for a few minutes. Redness will fade after a few days.
You will notice the results after 1-2 sessions, however for the neck & chest area, 3-5 sessions are optimal.
Your ideal treatment depends on the clinical findings. They include-
- Laser resurfacing
- RF microneedling
- High intensity focused ultrasound or radiofrequency
- Collagen stimulating dermal fillers
- Hyaluronic acid fillers
- Combination of above
- Surgical neck lifts
For wrinkles we find the combination of collagen stimulating dermal fillers & HIFU or laser resurfacing works the best.
Dermal fillers are great for neck lines – or necklace lines as we call it. Two ways to shallow up the grooves-
- Direct injection of HA fillers or collagen stimulating filler into the lines.
- Cross hatching of the area with the above fillers. Australia will receive a revolutionary new filler in 2022 known as Profhilo, this provides better integration than the current repertoire of fillers.
Fillers can be combined with lasers, HIFU, RF or threads to provide a superior outcome.
The number one contributor is UV radiation, followed by fragrances & perfumes. Poikiloderma of Civatte or POC, is seen in 90% of women over the age of 50 in Brisbane. Treatment can be tricky. We use –
- Pico lasers for brown pigment
- BBL for general treatment
- Fractional lasers for mixed pigmentation
- Vascular lasers for red vessels
- Antioxidants to protect
Most patients require 3-5 sessions. Even with the best equipment, this condition is resistant in 20% of cases.
It’s an option, however there are many more effective treatments. Given the marked UV damage frequently seen in Queensland skin, we find that combination treatments are more effective. They include-
- BBL & fractional lasers
- Pico lasers for pigmentation
- Vascular lasers for redness
- Collagen stimulation via fillers & high intensity focused ultrasound
Lasers can tighten neck skin as well as treat mottled pigmentation. Dermal fillers can increase collagen content, in turn improving laxity. Combined treatments provide synergistic results.
Though marketed for skin rejuvenation & laxity, the Infrared treatment of SkinTyte BBL does not produce consistent results– especially given the sun damage we have in Queensland. We do however use BBL to treat pigmentation, sun damage & redness.
For wrinkles & laxity we normally combine collagen stimulating dermal fillers with fractional lasers & or radiofrequency/ HIFU skin tightening devices. The latter is much more effective & powerful compared to SkinTyte BBL. Another better option is RF microneedling with the Genius RF.
RF microneedling is performed with our Genius RF device. It is indicated in cases of moderate to severe laxity in patients who are not yet ready for surgery. This treatment uses insulated needles to deliver heat to the deeper layers of skin.
You will require 2-4 sessions. It is best combined with fractional lasers.
Learn more (link To RF microneedling in the skin tightening section)
Though popular & Instagram valuable, the results from PDO thread neck lifts are dismal (at best). This means one in every twenty patients will get a ‘good result.’ If you like these odds, knock yourself out.
Threads can be combined with lasers, fillers, RF & HIFU for better results in a select group of patients
Muscle & gravitational forces are too great for any non-surgical options (apart from CO2 lasers if skin quality is an issue).
Learn more (link to PDO threads in the skin tightening section)
The use of antioxidants will accelerate & protect your skin after treatments. These molecules will reduce UV & environmental damage to your skin.
- Tocopherol or vitamin E is a potent scavenger of free radicals
- Vitamin C preserves & builds collagen
- Ferulic acid works synergistically with vitamin C, & E
To understand what’s the optimal treatment, break it down to pigment, wrinkles & laxity.
For pigment, figure out if it’s red, brown or a combination of colours. You then apply a specific laser to address each colour.
For wrinkles need to determine if it’s fine wrinkles, coarse wrinkles, & the amount of background sun damage. The same applies to laxity.
Treatment is an investment of time, effort, and money for patients. Here are some helpful points that may help you along your journey.
- Diagnosis: It is complex. Photoaging of the neck comprises pigmentation changes, vessels, laxity, muscle one & more. It is seldom that one ‘device’ treats all.
- Sun protection: Especially important in treating red & brown pigment. UV protection is paramount for results & preservation of the outcomes.
- Consider multiple sessions: there is no way around this. The neck area requires multiple sessions over a few months.
Book an appointment with our clinical team at Cutis, as they can guide you through the assessments. Nurse consults are FREE. Redeemable with future procedures.