Dermal toning is a no downtime laser rejuvenation technique for improving melasma pigmentation. This procedure can also reduce fine lines, enlarged pores & brighten skin. It is best used in combination with pigment correctors. Discover our Melasma Nano Laser Series here.
- Dermal toning is an excellent no-downtime way of skin rejuvenation
- We use gentle nano lasers for skin toning to treat fine wrinkles & pigmentation
- This treatment improves skin quality & dull skin
- A series of 5 sessions is completed in 10-12 weeks
- Learn more about our Melasma Nano Series here
Dermal Toning Lasers at a glance
Our results speak for themselves
Nano dermal toning laser. Note the improvement in skin texture & wrinkles. No downtime.
Ask us more about this treatmant
Laser & tyrosinase inhibitors. Flare up of melasma due to pico at another clinic, treated with nano dermal toning.
Ask us more about this treatmant
Laser dermal toning can treat-
- Pigmentation, including melasma
- Fine lines & wrinkles
- Enlarged pores
- Dull skin
This is the gentlest laser program we have at Cutis Dermatology. Recovery is immediate. Pain is zero.
Treatment takes 5 to 8 minutes to perform, with treatment intervals of 2-3 weeks. A series of 5-10 sessions is ideal.
If you are after faster results, we use pico dermal toning, however the rate limiting factor is your type of pigmentation. Our clinicians will guide you.
Nano lasers are used, namely Spectra, Pastele & Revlite.
Pico toning lasers include Picoway & Picosure Pro.
Nano lasers are best for skin rejuvenation in melasma patients, whilst Pico toning is for the next level up for other types of pigment.
Nano lasers or Q switch lasers have been historically shown to treat tattoos. They have been outdated since 2015 when pico lasers came into use.
Learn more (link to laser tattoo removal landing page)
Yes. Lasers are safe in all skin colours, including ethnic skin.
For next level dermal toning, we use both Picoway & Picosure Pro. Be guided by your assessing clinician.
The optimal treatment depends on your skin colour, goals & expectations. The first step is a diagnosis. Book a FREE* consultation with our nurses at Cutis Dermatology.
For more complex issues, our dermatologists can guide you through the steps. Consult fee applies.
Consult Fee deducted from any procedures that you elect to undertake.
This treatment has ZERO downtime. Even though there’s no redness, your skin is producing collagen after the procedure.
Over time your pigment producing cells will reduce pigment transfer to the skin cells.
No. This treatment is painless & hence no numbing is required.
Cutis Dermatology Brisbane employs the very latest pigment laser technology including Picoway, Picosure Pro & the new Spectra lasers. These lasers are the most effective devices against melasma pigmentation.
Results can be seen as early as week two, but maximal at week 10-12.
The rate limiting factor is how your skin cells respond to lasers, namely how fast they reduce pigment & how good your immune system is at generating collagen.
Pico lasers give faster results than nano lasers, however they have to be applied in the correct clinical setting.
Next level up from dermal toning include-
- Fractional laser resurfacing using Fraxel, LaseMD, Frax Pro, & Clear & Brilliant: these lasers provide more pigment & wrinkle removal. Ideal for lighter skin types, with a downtime of 3-6 days.
- Picosure Pro & Picoway Fractional Pico Resurfacing: Ideal for darker skin types/ethnic patients. Downtime of 1-2 days, best for fine wrinkles & pigment.
- Fractional CO2: Ideal for mild to moderate wrinkles in all skin types. 3-4 day recovery.
- Hybrid Lasers: best for severe wrinkles, skin laxity, sun damage. 6-7 day recovery
Book a FREE consultation with our nursing team to discuss what treatments are ideal for your concerns.
*Fee redeemable with procedures.
If you have moderate to severe wrinkles, dermal toning will do very little. You are best treated with fractional lasers, Hybrid lasers & injectables.
Book a FREE consultation with our nurses to discuss your options.
Laser skin rejuvenation is an investment of your time, effort & money, so choose wisely. Consider-
- Your concerns: Match a concern to a treatment, & not the other way around. In some cases, simple chemical peels or good skin care can be more effective than lasers.
- The equipment: Consult a professional that has many different lasers, brands matter.
- The settings: A good brand means little if settings are incorrect.
Yes. Q Switch lasers including Revlite, C6, Pastelle, & others are lasers that are over 20 years old. Historically these have been used to treat tattoos, however, have been outdated since 2015. Pico lasers have replaced these lasers.
Cutis Dermatology has 2 of the latest pico lasers including the Picosure Pro & Picoway. Pico lasers offer the following advantages.
Faster treatments & clearance: Pico lasers are between 2-5 times faster at clearing ink pigment from tattoos. This means far, far fewer sessions.
Less Pain: With shorter pulse energy, Picoway & Picosure Pro are much more comfortable, with significantly less pain compared to Q Switch lasers.
Higher safety profile: Picoway & Picosure Pro offer a much higher level of safety over older technology, especially in treating darker skin types.