Clear and Brilliant Laser is an excellent laser for skin maintenance. Essentially this is a mini-Fraxel as it uses the same laser wavelength, with gentler settings. C & B can improve & maintain skin quality, reduce pigment, fine lines, and wrinkles & decrease pore sizing.
- This laser is minimally invasive, preserving the upper layers of skin
- C+B treats pigment, reduces wrinkle & enhances skin quality
- Downtime ranges from 1 to 4 days
- C+B is safe on all skin types
- This laser is used to maintain results from other procedures
Clear and Brilliant Laser at a glance
Our results speak for themselves
Clear and brilliant is a revolutionary laser treatment which improves the overall appearance of skin, using gentle laser light. It brightens dull complexions, evens out skin texture, improves skin quality & helps to reduce the signs of ageing, such as fine lines and age spots.
This laser increases dermal collagen & hyaluronic acid, in turn improving fine lines & wrinkles. With a reduction of superficial pigmentation, your skin will feel & look more youthful and help bring out your natural glow.
Using numbing gel, treatments are well tolerated. After the laser treatment you may experience mild burning for a few minutes. Redness will fade after a few hours.
Results can be seen within the week. Skin will look and feel refreshed with better luminosity, reduced pigmentation & better light transmission.
One of the advantages of Clear + Brilliant is that after completing the recommended series of treatments, results will continue to improve as more collagen is stimulated.
We recommend that you refrain from putting on makeup for the remainder of the day. The redness and swelling will resolve by the following morning.
Patients should avoid the gym, & any facial treatments on the day after treatment. As the skin begins to heal, you should apply moisturizer several times a day. This will reduce any dryness experienced after your treatment.
Sun exposure after the treatment should be avoided as skin is more sensitive to UV. Following treatment, you are required to apply a SPF 50+ sunscreen twice a day.
You can go back to your normal skincare routine 7-10 days after the laser treatment.
Here is the skinny on things- Fraxel laser reverses skin aging, wrinkles & pigmentation, whilst C+B helps maintain the results you have from Fraxel. If you have:
- Spots, dots, pigmentation, wrinkles: Fraxel combined with CO2
- Mild skin issues or wish to maintain: Clear + Brilliant
- Ethnic skin pigmentation, enlarged pores: Picoway laser
- Redness & broken capillaries: Vascular laser
The Cosmelan Peel is one of the fastest methods to clear up superficial melasma, but comes with a one week downtime.
Skin care is important. This includes vitamins A; B & C. Antioxidants are frequently prescribed by dermatologists. These include ascorbic & ferulic acids, tocopherol, resveratrol & silymarin.
Chemical peels are also a great option. They include AHA peels, & retinoic acid peels. Peels are conducted every 2-8 weeks, depending on your goals. Our nurses will guide you accordingly.
Laser resurfacing is an investment of time, effort, and money. Here are some helpful pointers that may help you along your skincare journey.
- Clinical indications; Clear & Brilliant is a great treatment for mild skin concerns. It is a better laser for maintenance of results from other laser treatments.
- Skin type/colour; this laser is best for lighter skin types. If you have darker skin or ethnic skin, pico lasers are better.
- Settings; they matter. Lasers are devices. Using the correct/appropriate settings will optimize results & minimise side effects.
Book an appointment with our clinical team at Cutis, as they can guide you through the assessments. Nurse consults are FREE. Redeemable with future procedures.